Monday, January 14, 2008

I am going to try and keep this blog alive!

I have various things changing in my life at the moment, so I decided this should be another one of them. It will be littered with various thoughts, things I find interesting online, and pictures related to my new hobby, metal detecting.
I have always wanted a metal detector since I was a little boy, and recently my interest spiked again when I saw and talked with a man in a park about it. I looked online, and found a quality used machine for sale locally on craigslist for about half what it costs new. A White's Prizm IV.


The guy I bought it from turned out to be a real nice guy, and took me out hunting my first day to show me the ropes. Best find this week was a 14k, 6.4 gram gold ring. I also found a Lunch token from a local resturant here in Plain City that was dated circa 1935-1943 through the local historical society. Turned out to be a great time, and I will share a few of the neat things I found this week. Many other toys, trinkets, coins, and a lot of fun. The man I bought my MD from, Allen, said he wanted his MD back after I found the ring!! :) :) (He currently has an upgraded machine costing about 3x as much as mine) He said I'm off to a fantastic start!!!











No comments: