Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Friends


I want to talk about friends.

There are many different kinds of relationships in this life, and many different kinds of friends.  I have a few friends that have been around for many years and I know that no matter how often or not often we speak, there is no less of a connection because of time or space.  This level is formed over time, and because of the experiences and level of trust given by the other.  I am strictly speaking of same sex friendships here.  What i have come to find as of recently is that men and women have very different views on relationships with the other sex. 


In the last month I have had the "friend card" pulled on me by two completely unrelated women that I was interested in having a relationship with.  I have a long history with both, and both have basically said that their only interest was that on a purely friendship level.  Well i know it may sound a bit brash, but I'm not really interested in that anymore. 

I am the type of person that will give and give and give to a female I am interested in.  Need a ride home from somewhere at 3am, call!  Need me to come pick you up at the hospital when you are there all alone, I'm there.  Need your car fixed and have no money and no other way to get to work?  I'll figure out a way to get it done.  No problem, no complaint, I'm just glad your ok.....

All this has caused me to become the bounceback guy.  Ohh your boyfriend broke it off with you and you feel down and out?  Call me!  Ill pick you up, dust you off, take ya out to dinner and get you laughing again, and then send you back out to find another run of the mill ahole untill I get another call from you in a year when he cheated on you..... lol...  Gimme a break people.

I have been nothing but honest, hardworking, and transparent with everything in my life in the past 8 years.  I deserve better. 

So please, if your a woman looking to contact me only to make yourself feel better and never thinking about anybody else, move on down the line to the next sucker, I'm not the friend your looking for anymore.  I am going to demand all my friendships involve friends. 



I was at : 8079-8081 Plain City-Dublin Rd, Plain City, OH 43064,

No comments: